Fall is finally here, mix simple spices and make amazing pumpkin (pie) spice at home! Making it is incredibly easy, and you can store it for years. Enjoy making delicious homemade holiday desserts using the spice!
📌 What is pumpkin spice?
When I first heard of it, I thought it was a spice that contains an actual pumpkin flavor in it... but it's not the case!
In other words, it's called "pumpkin pie spice." It's a mixture of spices that goes well with pumpkin pie or other pumpkin dessert.
I'm not sure if it is sold widely in many countries, but it is a popular flavor throughout the fall to the holiday season here in the States. Pumpkin desserts and drinks are HUGE around this season!
📌 Ingredients for pumpkin spice
- Cinnamon: The warm and sweet flavor matches so well in a variety of baked goods, such as pies, breads, cookies, muffins, scones, and so many more!
- Ginger: The warm spiciness gives a kick to desserts. It is necessary to create flavors for many desserts, such as pumpkin spice and gingerbread desserts.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg has an earthy and woody flavor that is often used for cooking meals but also for many kinds of baked goods, often with cinnamon.
- Allspice: It smells like a blend of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. It is added to some herb tea and baked goods.
- Cloves: The sweet, exotic flavor is often added as a hint for baked goods.
📌 How to make Pumpkin Spice
and cloves! That's it.
💬 Feel free to reduce the amount of cloves if you are sensitive to the flavor.
Simply mix them until it's evenly incorporated.
👩🏻🍳 You can also sift the spices to get rid of the lumps completely.
You can also add them in a container and shake well instead of mixing the spices in a bowl.
Store it in a shaker or other air-tight containers.
📌 How To Enjoy
Enjoy making a lot of fall and holiday desserts using this amazing spice, such as:
- Pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin cookies
- Pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin cheesecake
- Spice muffin
- Holiday cookies
- Pumpkin spice latte
... and so on!
You can also wrap it nicely and gift it to your friends and family as a seasonal greeting.
📌 Frequently asked questions
This depends on the use-by-date of all the spices you used. If they are new, it's usually good for up to a few years. Note that the flavor slowly fades as it gets closer to the shelf-life.
Yes, they are the same thing. (It might be different in other countries!) You'll often find this spice as pumpkin pie spice at grocery stores in the States.
📌 VIDEO: Learn how to make it visually!
Watch the video to learn how to make homemade pumpkin spice visually and have a deeper understanding of all!
Don't forget to subscribe if you liked it😉
📌 Other Holiday Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Bread (Coming next week!)
- Pumpkin Pie Chiffon Cake
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- Apple Hand Pies
- Flaky Pie Crust
- Shortbread Cookies
Make this moist and fluffy pumpkin pie chiffon cake using this spice. It tastes like a pumpkin pie in a fluffy form. One of my FAVORITE desserts to eat during this season.
📌 Printable recipe
💬 If you loved this recipe, please share your feedback on this post! I always love to hear how you enjoyed it with your friends and family.
Pumpkin Spice Recipe
- Air-tight container to store
- 3 tablespoon Cinnamon Grounded
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Grounded
- 1 tablespoon Nutmeg Grounded
- 1 & ½ teaspoon Allspice Grounded
- 1 & ½ teaspoon Cloves Grounded
- Mix the 5 ingredients together.3 tablespoon Cinnamon, 2 tablespoon Ginger, 1 tablespoon Nutmeg, 1 & ½ teaspoon Allspice, 1 & ½ teaspoon Cloves
- Store it in an air-tight container.
📌 Pin It!
Pin it if you love this recipe, and find so many other recipes on my Pinterest page!
Go back to the top of this post.